Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hey blog.

     I made this blog for a school project but I think I'm way over-due to start a photographer's blog of my own.

     I have to say that honestly, my first year at Loyalist was a bit of a write-off. No one really got to know me in my program because I barely showed up to class and socialized very little with any fellow photojournalists. Truth is, I was sick a lot of the time. The dog didn't eat my homework, I just didn't do it because I spent a whole lot of time with my bed or the hospital. So this year, my final year, is being spent experiencing what I should have in first year and I still don't talk to many people, despite being there consistently. Oh well, I'm still keeping up, learning and loving it.

     I will add photos frequently, when I get spare time and have something worth showing off. I'll throw a few up after this post, as I've done a few things since October (when I made this).

     Something interesting that I'm working on right now - not so journalistic really - but I'm hunting for owls. With my camera, obviously. I'm in love with owls, bought an owl call and walked out in to a dark forest this evening, with snow shoes strapped to my feet and my telephoto lens on my camera...I'm not experienced and had I been lucky enough to get a response to my calls, I probably would have gotten a blurry picture and scared the poor creature off anyways. There are some trails with guides and other things I'm looking at to learn how to do this better, but we all start somewhere, right? Thought "you" should know, you being whoever might actually read this nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment