Wednesday, August 8, 2012

     Hello blog world! Today was awesome ! Actually, this whole week wasn't so bad. There have a been a few minor bumps that I could have lived without, but I'm still alive and the hard stuff is done. I got the paper off to print today after some crazy last-minute-craziness. The shortened weeks are always a little insane because my paper's deadline for stuff is usually Tuesday. With Monday off and my new girl not around all last week, I was flustered to say the least. Still got it all together, the pages made, sent off, proofed and sent off to Estevan to print! Yay!
     After work, I ran into a friend in town (the vet) and we decided to go do some adventuring. We found a hug field fire that we couldn't get anywhere near because of it being on private property. Note to self: ALWAYS have your long lens (readers will understand better when they see pictures). I took a couple frames and we continued on some dirt roads, a cow pasture road which lead to a random oil pump jack and then back out onto a different dirt road. As dusk set its lovely colouring onto everything, I immediately noticed a large shape in a tree. I stopped the car and stared right into the eyes of a very handsome great horned owl. I decided I would try my luck with my portrait lens *sigh* My fellow photoj's can relate to this horrible moment when I realized my telephoto lens, tripod and flash unit were all at the office still. I didn't think I would be venturing out of town and certainly not into my favourite animal. Needless to say, I will be better prepared and plan to go back this weekend with all the appropriate gear. Owls stay around the same areas and this was the second one I had spotted in this area, so I'm really hoping that I will be able to get some better shots. For now, I'm uploading the crap first attempts I got, plus some of the other cool shots from the evening.
     Hope everyone had a good long weekend and an even better shortened week!








No comments:

Post a Comment