Monday, February 21, 2011

My weekend

So this weekend was eventful. I met up with a lady who created a lost dogs network in the Quinte area and spent some time with her and her pets. She had some sort of mixed hound with the most amazing eyes. Her name was Saphire (the dog, I mean) and the woman is Jenn Nicholls. She had a few different pets and they all seemed very relaxed, much like herself. 












 I then went to Amherst island the next day and attempted to look for some owl friends. Didn't run into any owls, but have come to the conclusion that a 300mm doesn't cut it. I ran into a photographer from Syracuse, NY who was carrying a 600mm around. I fell in love, and of course she had pictures of the little owl that I had been searching for on the island. (We met on the ferry) She told me about some other good places to look for raptors in the area and we exchanged info. That was nice. 

 















On the way home, I did run into some cool stuff despite missing out on the owl. Yes, I sulked. I found some awesome farming land out in Greater Napanee (Hwy 2) with a good stretch of giant solar panels. Snapped some shots quickly and I'll definitely be going back. I am also going to wolf island soon to check out their array of giant windmills. After all of that excitement, I turned onto Wallbridge-Loyalist to see a hawk of some sort. Seeing as I only had the 300 on me, I used the hood of the car to snap some sharp-as-possible images of it, but they still seem too far away. Oh well! I'll get my dream lens when I win the lottery :P 













      The last thing I did this weekend was going a re-opening bar in downtown Belleville. The owner had some bad luck last year with a fire which postponed its opening for quite some time. Did an interview, had some fun listening to music and taking some interesting shots. It was incredibly dim in there, so I played with shutter speeds a bit.






Mike Botterill and some of his staff at the Bellevegas Boardroom Lounge, downtown Belleville.

No comments:

Post a Comment